My life has taken quite the detour as I planned to post this recipe much earlier than I have. A few days ago I found out that my grandfather was being moved to hospice, so I dropped everything I was doing and flew from Kansas to Alabama to be with my family, which is why I am just now able to post as I have some downtime.
This recipe has been one of my favorites I have created and I know others will equally enjoy it as much as my family has. Wishing you each a most wonderful Wednesday! Stay blessed!
Easy Cheesy Beef & Rice Casserole
1lb. Ground Beef
1 1/4 c. Jasmine Rice
2.5 c. Beef Broth
(1) 10.5oz can. Cream of Mushroom Soup
(1) 14.5oz can. Green Beans (Drained)
3 Tbsp. Butter
1 cup. Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 can. Cooking Spray (I use Canola oil)
(1) 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Heat a large skillet using medium-high heat and season/brown meat thoroughly. Use a spatula to break meat into small pieces while cooking. Once meat is cooked thoroughly drain, cover and set aside.
2. In a medium pot add rice, beef broth and butter. Cook until rice is softened using medium-high heat.
3. Once rice is cooked, add and fold in the ground beef, cream of mushroom, green beans and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
4. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray, and then add the mixture from the pot to the dish. Sprinkle the left over 1/2 cup cheese on top.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and cook at 400° for 20 minutes.
6. Allow dish to cool before serving. I personally wait 10-15 minutes.